There are many ways people have studied to pass their license test. You should be able to use any combination of these in order to pass the test. It’s categorized by media type to help you choose your best method. Edit
Books (including audiobooks)
It is generally recommended to get at least one of these books. The ARRL books tend to be the official ones, but the others are all good as well.
- ARRL Ham Radio License Manual, 4th edition Also found at Amazon and many other places books are sold.
- Technician Class License Manual Supplement – Supplemental content for the book.
- Technician Class 2018-2022: Pass Your Amateur Radio Technician Class Test – The Easy Way
- The Fast Track to Your Technician Class Ham Radio License: Covers all FCC Technician Class Exam along with audiobook supplement
- Gordon West Technician Class Manual
There is nothing is more beneficial than seeing it in practice. These videos will help add context or clarify some of the more complicated parts of the books.
- David Casler KE0OG – David does a good job of demonstrating some of the aspects of each chapter to help get you on the road of understanding. He takes the approach of you watching the video first then you read the chapter.
- W4EEY – I have not watched these videos, but has heard of many recommendations for this channel.
- Ham Radio Crash Course by Josh KI6NAZ.
- Ham Radio 2.0 by Jason KC5HWB.
Practice, practice, practice. Once you are averaging around 80% or better, you are ready to go!
- QRZ.com Practice Amateur Radio Exams – You do need to create an account, but I used this site to pass my exams.
- ARRL Exam Review for Ham Radio
- HamStudy – there are also apps for iOS and Android that come highly recommended.
- HamExam.org Amateur Radio Practice Exams
Sometimes you just need to “phone a friend” here are a few different places to ask questions.
- Learning Ham Radio – A great place to ask questions.
- Ham Radio Crash Course Facebook Group
- Ham Radio Crash Course Discord – It’s like a chatroom and it’s full of very smart people.
- Ham Radio 2.0 Discord – It’s like a chatroom and it’s full of very smart people.
Here are other things that I have found that maybe be helpful.