Here are just a few of the resources I use on a regular basis. First, let’s go mobile.
- NWS Weather mobile site
- Storm Prediction Center mobile site
Local (to me) NWS Twin Cities (MPX)
Find your local NWS office and follow them. Most forecasts and storm alerts originate from your local NWS office.
- NWS MPX
- MPX Hazardous Weather Outlook
- MPX Weather Story
- Local Forecast/Conditions
- Hourly Weather Forecast for Mankato
- CoCoRaHS – Precipitation Totals
Everyone wants to know what the weather will be like. Here are a few places to start.
- Weather Prediction Center (Mobile App)
- College of DuPage Forecast Page
- National Digital Forcast Database
- NWS Enhanced Data Display
Weather predictions are made using computer models. There are many different types of models all with their own strengths. Below I have selected a few of the models I use.